My TT for this week is 13 things I won’t eat or don’t like to eat. I know it doesn’t match the theme but, I had this one ready to go!
1. Sushi. I don’t eat bait. Just can’t do it.
2. Grits. Nasty little things that reproduce like crazy when a couple of them get in your dishwasher.
3. Brussel sprouts. They are slimy little cabbages. Eww.
4. Kalamari- see the bait issue at #1. 🙂
5. Pork. You are what you eat and pork has more parasites than other meats. I have a rule about hosting no or, as few as possible, parasites!
6. Black eyed peas. They just taste like mud.
7. Shrimp. I like shrimp but they are the filters of the sea. They are used to check the toxicity levels of the water. No thanks.
8. Crawdads. That is just nasty!! Those little eyeballs lookin’ at ya are just too much.
9. Okra. Mr. Muscles and most of the kids love it but it just feels slimy to me.
10. Insects. I have seen stores that sell chocolate covered insects as delicacies. Well, I might try chocolate covered ants. Maybe. Especially if it was dark chocolate. LOL
11. Most crackers. I have no idea why I don’t like them.
12. Cheese sandwiches. When I was little and had to stay with a baby sitter for a little while, she fixed cheese sandwiches. It was the sandwich, per se, that was bad but rather the ingredients she used. The mayo was some really bad tasting stuff from England and the cheese was not cheddar or anything like that. She made me eat every awful bite. I guess I was scarred.
13. Radishes. I know they are good for me and, I have really tried to like them. So far I have not found a variety that I can stomach. I am growing a new variety this year. Maybe it will be a good one. 🙂
So, what don’t you eat? Is there something that you just can’t choke down? Leave a comment telling me what food(s) just don’t make it onto your plate!
Do you TT? LOL Thursday Thirteen that is! Pop over to Thursday Thirteen to see more.