Oooh, time for another edition of Thursday Thirteen! What is my TT? Hmmm, let’s see.
Ok, I have it. Here are 13 things I do during late winter in anticipation of spring.
1. Seed catalogs. I spend a lot of time pouring over seed catalogs to see if there are any different veggies (heirlooms only) I would like to grow. My all time favorite company is Baker Creek.
2. CBD and other Curriculum catalogs. CBD has an awesome Spring sale and I like to go through and mark up the pages with our curriculum choices.
3. I buy the soil, peat pots and such that I need to start my seeds indoors.
4. I prune my fruit trees, blackberries, crepe myrtles and such.
5. This is also the time when Mr. Muscles and I are looking to see what other fruit trees and such we want to plant. This year we are adding a Granny Smith tree, a couple of plum trees and some grape vines.
6. I start going through to see what I want to get rid of in a spring yard sale.
7. Garden planning. Each year it is important to rotate your veggies. I like to use graph paper and decide where I am going to plant what.
8. Companion planting. A little research helps me to know which veggies to grow next to each other to boost growth and which to put far apart so they do not kill each other.
9. I walk around our property and make a list of what I see that needs to be taken care of, cleaned up, moved or taken out when the weather warms up.
10. Field trip planning to decide which warmer weather field trips are we going to take. This way I can align the lessons correctly.
11. We pick up fresh hay and cedar chips for giving the chicken house a good cleaning in the spring. Hay for the ground and cedar chips for the nesting boxes.
12. Order pasture mix. This is for the new pasture area. It is a nice mix of grasses and clovers. Just as soon as it warms up enough it will be planted.
13. Daydream. Yes, I can’t help but think about going down to play in the creek with kids, walking the trails through the woods, camping, visiting the state parks, running through the sprinkler, watching the kids play in the sun, getting my hands back in the dirt planting and so much more. *sigh* I can hear spring calling me. I can’t wait to answer!
For more Thursday Thirteens head over and check em out!
All for His glory,
Make sure to leave me a link in your comment so I can visit your blog. 🙂