It is Thursday Thirteen time again and I had a great time thinking about today’s list. Ya know, some days this is really hard and some days it is very easy.
13 of my favorite Christmas gifts I received when I was a kid:
1. A beautiful blue and white ceramic carousel horse. It had a gold pole and was decorated with feathers, fabrics and sparkled in the light.
2. A large piggy bank. He was a cool looking pig!
3. A black hills gold ring. It was my first “real” piece of jewelry. I felt so grown-up!
4. Augie Doggie. He is a brown and white stuffed dog. I still have him. Most of his fur is “loved” off, he has stitches in several areas and his tail is held on by a piece of yarn but I love him anyway. 🙂
5. A dollhouse. My sister destroyed it less than two weeks later. Sad loss.
6. A monoploy game. I still have this as well.
7. A chemistry set. I was dangerous with that thing! LOL
8. A new blue bicycle. I rode that thing everywhere.
9. Rollerskates. We lived on a big hill then and the first time I wore them I just about wore down the stop on the right one going down that huge hill.
10. Stereo w/ a cd player. My first cd was ZZ Tops Greatest Hits.
11. A book of bible stories from my Grandparents. I loved looking at the pictures. My favorite story was of when Moses was born.
12. Laura Ingles Wilder books. I read every one!
13. My name in spun glass. That was so cool. I was so upset when it fell and broke a couple years later. I would love to find someone who does that and have another one made.
I could name a few more like a telescope, a pair of peacock feather earrings and such but I will stop. LOL
What Thirteen things do you want to share? Head over to Thursday Thirteen to join in or read others’ TT posts.