Thank you to Amy at Are We There Yet for posting this on her site and getting me interested! Ann has started a beautiful post idea. One Thousand Gifts. Here is what she says, “It is the beginning of the list season: lists of menus, lists of hand-made projects, lists of addresses, lists of baking goodies … lists of gifts.
I too begin… but only, currently, one list: A List of a Thousand Things, beginning with #1. I am daily jotting down items on my Thousand Gifts List, working, one-by-one, up to a thousand gifts. Not of gifts I want. But of gifts I have.
As the moments slip down the hour glass of time, I am scratching down the gifts—just as they happen, as they arrive, as they are unwrapped—that He has given that make my life grace, the daily graces that He gives in an infinite number of ways, that stir me.
I think this is just such a wonderful idea that I am doing it as well. Research shows that people who are thankful and who keep a journal of those things they are thankful for feel more energetic, happier, joyful, optimistic, excited, determined, assertive, strong and enthusiastic than those who think of their life’s hassles.
Here is the beginning if my list.
1. God. That He even cared so much as to wait for me to stop whining and being so self-absorbed long enough to hear His voice and find Him for myself.
2. My husband.
3. My Children.
4. A home. One that has a roof, windows, doors, heat, a/c, electricity and indoor plumbing.
5. Stunning fall colors to gaze at out of my windows.
6. The ability to trade out our summer clothes for winter clothes. We have more than just a few pieces of clothing to wear year round.
7. My parents. All 4 of them. There is no step anything in our family and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
8. Crisp evenings with the smell of Fall in the wind.
9. Harvesting veggies from the garden with the kids
10. New friends.